Mark your calendar for the annual joint Winter meeting of the Alabama State Bar and Birmingham Bar Association's Solo & Small Firm Sections. To be held at the Birmingham Bar Center located at 2021 Second Avenue North, Birmingham Alabama 35203, on Wednesday, February 12th. This is a free event for current section members but you must register in advance (see link below).
We will have lunch, presentation of the ASB's annual Service Award and then three (3) CLE hours. The CLE schedule and faculty are:
- 11:30am - 12:00pm Attendees sign-in
- 12:00pm - 12:30pm Lunch and Service Award for Section Founder Sam Irby
- 12:30pm - 01:30pm Cyber Scams Targeting Lawyers (Greg Bordenkircher and Kit Kelly)
- 01:30pm - 02:30pm Setting Up a Virtual Law Office (Rebecca Bartlett)
- 02:30pm - 03:30pm Ethical Landmines in Representing Fiduciaries and the Elderly (Kristin Waters Sullivan)
Registration in advance is REQUIRED. Click HERE to register online.
If you have questions, email the State Bar's Solo & Small Firm Section here or the BBA Solo Section contact here.
Can't attend seminar but would like the materials? See links below -
- Cyber Scams Targeting Lawyers
- NonDisclosure Agreement
- Receptionist Script
- New Client Information Packet
- Virtual Law Practice PowerPoint
- Ethical Landmines in Representing Fiduciaries and the Elderly